It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

New New New!

After much thought and castigation, I rewarded myself for being such a prince and purchased a GPS receiver for myself.

I took it out for a little walk this afternoon (in the 9o degree heat!). I NAILED five out of five Geocaches! I rock!

I also mailed the bills and checked out a book at the library.

I also saw some interesting vehicles at the body and paint shop.

A limo, a Datsun 2000 sporty car, an MGB, and a funny little Quaker State car.

2009August30 geocaching 001

I had misgivings about the identification of the MGB, I thought maybe it was a Midget, but now I am convinced it is an MGB. The lack of wire wheels threw me off.

Have you ever seen a Geocache?

2009August30 geocaching 002

You can see the "treasure" inside, and the somewhat worse-for-wear logbooks. This is poosibly an average sized cache. Of the five today, two were much smaller (micros), one was an ammunition box, and one was a larger plastic container. You can learn more about Geocaching at www.geocaching.com

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Interesting loot. What did you leave in return?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers