It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, July 16, 2009

THURSDAY!

On THIS blog, it's Thursday!

I went on a crusade to replace the seat and back on the director's chairs.

Where to find them?

I asked yesterday at San Carlos Hardware (VERY nice people). They did not have them. They suggested maybe someplace in Claremont. but I forgot the name, and I don't really go to Claremont all that much.

Target.com had them. Target.store? Couldn't find them.
Pier One Imports at Grossmont? Didn't see any.
World Market? Why, yes, just as I was leaving I spotted them. Bought, eight bucks a piece.

I get home, should be an EASY job to install them. No, no, no! The old ones don't want to come out. I nearly impale myself.

I slip on the back. Oh, no, not so fast there, buddy! They do not fit over the posts!
Ok, I'll use the old, faded, backs until I can resew them.

The bottoms? One of the new dowels is broken, and the slot seems to have shrunk. Maybe that's why the other put up such a fight coming out. No, the dowels are THICKER than the old ones! Ok, I'll use one of the old, rotten, dowels in this ONE slot that has shrunk.

But the bottoms (and backs, for that matter!) are about and inch or two shorter than the old ones, so the seat does not open all the way.

Fabulous.

This is why I never want to do anything.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers