It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Evening

What I Learned Today

Nearly-sixty-year-olds should not be climbing six-foot chain link fences and jumping off.

It didn't go well when I was fifteen (jumping off the garage roof), it didn't go well now.

After picking myself up off the ground, I starting walking (slightly hobbling) towards the parking lot. Things were blurry. Huh. Oh, heck, where are my glasses? They must have fallen off. I went back to the fence and looked around in the pine needles and assorted detritus. I finally saw something that, in a blurry sort of way, look like it could be glasses. It was.

I was afeared I my have broken my camera or ripped my fine long-sleeved shirt, but they seem ok.

My hip is sore, but I walked home ok. My back was sore for a couple of minutes, but that stopped. Probably I'll be laid up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Matthew Fedder said...

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself seriously - my phone was off, of course, and it took me a long time to call back....

Deanne said...

Zoinks! Whether you are nearly sixty or 6...ya shouldn't be jumping off a six-foot chain link fences! Glad that you are ok & didn't seriously injury yourself. Your hip must be ok as I read that you rode to work.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers