It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Antenna Day

A lovely morning, a pleasant ride, and lots of antennas to photograph.

I wonder how long it will be before someone calls the policia on the wierd bike guy taking pictures of roofs in the semi-darkness!!

An HF Yagi and a VHF Yagi, and one of those fake owls. Or is it?

2008Nov19 antennas 002

Which picture do you like more, the one WITH the power lines...

2008Nov19 antennas 003

Or the one WITHOUT power lines? And chimney.

I USE to be able to name all these antennas, from many nights perusing the Allied Radio catalog. Not any more. Haven't a clue on this one! Some sort of HF vertical. With a VHF vertical on the side.

2008Nov19 antennas EDITED 003

This cute little VHF quad caught my attention the other day. When cropping the pic I noticed one of the wires is broken.

2008Nov19 antennas 005

I think this is a 40 meter band quad, but I don't see the element wires in the pic! Will have to check tomorrow. Hey, it's just GOT to be a quad!

2008Nov19 antennas 007

Note also the multi-band dipole hanging down there.

Phil and I visited a fellow back in the sixties who had a GIANT two-element quad on his roof, over in Fletcher Hills. Must have been an 80 meter band quad. I wish I could remember his call.

Oh, yeah, the bike. Well, so far we got 30.6 miles on the odometer.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Without power lines.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers