It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, August 07, 2008

All Over The Ground

The season is passing, the sunflowers are dying, there are sunflower seeds all over the ground!

Food for the birds and the rats, maybe the possums, too.

2008August07 Garden 001

These have fallen from the giant sunflowers.

2008August07 Garden 003

After spending a pleasant afternoon pulling what I persist in calling crabgrass, but was pointed out to me as being actually Bermuda grass, in the front yard area, I went into the back yard and cut off some of the sunflower heads that still had seeds and put them in a garbage can to dry. I don't know what I'm going to do with all that seed! Surreptitiously plant it around the city? Johnny Sunflowerseed? It's a thought.

The plumaria has four big leaves on it. Maybe it's going to flower after all these years of abuse. I think it needs to be potted so it will have better draining soil. It doesn't seem to be in an optimal piece of ground. It's kind of a low spot, although being next to a wall it is higher than the ground on the other side of the wall. Not enough sun, either, I suspect.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

You never roast or eat the sunflower seeds?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers