It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, June 09, 2019

Last Thursday

On Thursday I went to Airplane Ridge in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park to hike up to the Airplane monument, a hike I had not been able to complete a couple of years ago.

I tried to take this picture of a pretty blue butterfly.  It seems to have come out white.



I tried to take a picture of this pretty flower that has a bug in it.  Well, at least my boots are in focus!



I can see my vehicle down there!



This is at the airplane monument.  That old engine is full of bees!

I do not know how to make this not upside-down without a lot work.

This is the kind of stream crossing I like!



I stepped right over a little snake.  I think he was as surprised as I was. He just lay there for a while.



Then he took off!



There were a lot of pretty flowers along parts of the trail.



My intermittently reoccurring rash reoccurred.



I walked about 4.5 miles.  Boy, were my feet tired!
I, for the first time, got to figure out what to do when there are no "facilities" on the trail.  I learned I need to upgrade my personal hygiene kit...


Today, Sunday, I took a picture of my planes (See how that ties it in to the rest of the post?).  The one on the right I purchased at Handyman quite a few years ago, as they closed down sometime around 1986. The Handyman price tag looks like $6.68 to me. I think I bought it when I was a teen.  Maybe not.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers