It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, September 09, 2011

Fiesta Island Redux

Since I had the day off today (THANK YOU, oh power outage!) I decided to head down to Fiesta Island and find all the rest of the geocaches there.

Best laid plans...

I didn't find two of them, but I did set a new personal best of nineteen caches in a day (a far cry from what might be the record of 917 in a day by TeamAlamo).

I met several dogs today.  This one came up to me to say hi while I was trying to be incognito.





He was pretty friendly, I just captured him in mid-smile.  I was pretending to take pictures of the bay!


Yup, it's a bay.  I guess that is Mt. Soledad in the background.

One of the caches we looked for last week required a ladder, which we did not have.  We DID spot the cache, though.  When I checked the geocaching.com today I found that cache had been disabled and archived as some muggle hurt himself climbing the pole to "see what was up there".  People, leave the geocaches to the professionals!

I was sitting on the ground signing the log at a cache in the doggy area when a large friendly and VERY WET dog with curly hair came over to inspect what I was up to.

I also talked to a fellow with a Basenji, a breed I admire very much.

Most of the caches were pretty easy to find, and I even avenged a Did Not Find from a year ago, which was very satisfying.

This cache I spotted from around sixty feet away.  Can you spot it? 



HINT: It's yellow. I telephotoed (that may not be a verb, maybe zoomed would be the better word) in a bit on this, so I'm farther away then it looks.


My nose is sore, maybe it's sunburned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see it, I also don't see the rock below, either.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers