It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Of Plague And Yellow Fever

My neighbor is attempting to breed mosquitos.

2009May01 Mosquito Breeder

It is possible there may have been an inadvertent weedicide/oil spill into the tub, however...

I talked to the guy about this container of water a couple of months ago. He agreed it was bad and said he was going to have a couple of guys clean it out soon. I guess he meant Real Soon Now.

I just read a nifty book titled Fever 1793, by Laurie Halse Anderson. It is based on a historical yellow fever epidemic in Philidelphia. Around 10,000 people died. It makes fine reading in this time of scary pig-diseases!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Wonderful. That's what we need more mosquitos. We need to stir up West Nile again. I got 3 mosquito bites on Saturday talking to my neighbor outside around 4:30pm in the afternoon. It was perfect weather for them to be out. Problem is the bites don't make me itch till about 1-2 weeks after so they don't disappear for over 3-4 weeks! No amount of cortaid helps. Anyway--have a good one.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers